Monday, February 22, 2010

He put a RING on it!

That's right...I'm Engaged!!!

On Friday Gabe asked me to be is bride and I said yes!

Friday morning we got up and watched TV and then went to lunch. Right after lunch I had to run a few errands so Gabe stayed at my house to wash clothes and do some work. When I got back home I went into the den where Gabe was and on the coffee table were two cards, one was a valentines day card and one for our anniversary. Gabe told me to open the V-day one first so I did. I then opened the other card. Gabe had written some super sweet things in the card and at the very end of the card it said "I know I want to spend of the rest of my life with YOU". When I looked up he pulled the ring out and asked me to be his bride...the first thing I said was "seriously"...then I said "yes" and he then put the ring on my finger!!! I was totally surprised!!! We then called our family and friends to let them know the great news...Emily M. def wins greatest reaction...let's just say it took about 30mins for me to get my hearing back!

I love surprises, but it is hard to surprise because I am kinda nosy, so he did a really great job! He told me that he was going to get in around 5:30ish on Thursday but actually he got into Atlanta early afternoon on Thursday so he could have lunch with my dad and ask him if he could marry me...what a sneak!!!

Here is my bling...I LOVE it!!!


Please excuse my old lady hands!!

I have some more pictures from Friday on my home computer so I will upload those later!

We haven't set the date yet, but we are pretty sure that it will be either 2/19/11 or 2/26/11.

I can't wait to really start planning!!!! Any advice is welcome!

I will keep you update on wedding plans as they get made!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. wooohoo! Congrats to both of you! You are going to be a beautiful bride Sarah Beth, Gabe is lucky to have you as his wife!!!

    And for advice, have fun with it, it's your day, don't sweat the small stuff and go to all the tastings you can :)

    ReplyDelete